Help & Support
Tips & Tutorials
What is WebEx?
WebEx service is available free for all SJSU students, faculty and staff. SJSU WebEx can be used to host online meetings and interactive sessions with individuals inside and outside of San José State. The collaborative meeting service within SJSU WebEx can be used to enhance academic class activity including Lecture Capture for later review and interaction with remote students and/or guest lecturers.
What can you do with WebEx?
- Meet and interact with anyone, anywhere, anytime
- Collaborate real time by sharing applications, presentations, documents and your PC desktop
- Bring together people without travel time and expense
- Work with teams from different places all over the world – all that is needed is Internet access
- View meeting participants in high-quality video
- Record meetings for future reference and training
- Download the mobile WebEx app and you can start or join a meeting anywhere through your mobile phone!
How does it work?
WebEx software is delivered over the web as you need it. The first time you attend a meeting, WebEx will automatically download for you. See your system administrator if you need download assistance.
You can use WebEx from any computer with an internet connection, and from most smartphones and tablets. For details, see WebEx Apps for Smartphones.
You can schedule a WebEx lecture or meeting ahead of time, or start one spontaneously as needed.
If you use WebEx to invite someone to a lecture or meeting, they will receive an email that allows them to attend. Attendees don't have to have a WebEx account. Your invitation includes a link they can click to join you online as well the password needed to access the meeting.
During your meeting, you can video conference, lecture, share content or just have a discussion.