Microsoft Software for Faculty & Staff Owned Machines
Microsoft Dreamspark - Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2, SQL Server, Visual Studio, HyperV, and More!!!
Microsoft’s Dreamspark program is currently available to SJSU employees allowing no-cost access to hundreds of Microsoft titles for educational purposes. To see what is available, visit the Microsoft Dreamspark Downloads Page, Click "Dreamspark Standard," sign in, and see whats available!
Microsoft Office for Faculty & Staff
Microsoft now offers many of their popular Office products to SJSU Faculty and Staff at no cost!
- Office 2013 Professional Plus
- Office 2011 for Mac (and new Office for Mac when it comes out next year)
- Outlook for Mac (next generation)
- Office for iPad (full featured)
- Office for iPhone (full featured)
- Office for Android tablet (when it comes available)
Microsoft Office Download Instructions
- Go to Microsoft’s Office in Education Program, and click the Find out if you're eligible link.
- Enter your SJSU email address, and then click Sign up.
Note: This will only work for @sjsu.edu email addresses. If you don’t know your email address, don’t know how to get to it, or don’t know your password, please contact the IT Help Desk at 408-924-1530 or email@example.com.
- An email will be sent to you. Open the email message and click the Sign up link.
- Enter your name and date of birth, create a password, and then click Start.
Note: By clicking Start at the bottom of this screen you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Microsoft Office Student Advantage is available only to current San José State University Students—it is not available for faculty or staff.
- Once you are signed up, you should now be able to install Microsoft Office Standard,
access Microsoft Office Mobile, or Office 365—all from one screen. Click the appropriate
link to get started!
Work At Home
Microsoft’s Work at Home Program allows San José State faculty and staff to purchase the following Microsoft products at dramatically reduced prices (if software is used for university business purposes only):
- Microsoft Office 2013, 2011 (Mac), and 2010
- Microsoft Windows 7 and 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
- Microsoft Visio 2010 (Windows Only)
Work at Home Software can be ordered at Spartan Bookstore/Microsoft Products.
Other Purchasing Options
San José State faculty and staff can also purchase Microsoft Office 365 University Edition at Spartan Bookstore/Microsoft Products.