VPN@SJSU provides web-based remote access, aka 'virtual private network'. VPN allows users outside of the SJSU network access to restricted resources (such as connecting to file shares, servers and desktops) on the SJSU network as if they are physically located on the SJSU campus.
VPN@SJSU is available to students, faculty and staff with an active SJSUOne account. Affiliates can gain access through a departmental request.
SJSU doesn't prevent the use of VPN from other countries, but some countries prevent the use of VPN services from accessing American networks.
- Cisco AnyConnect: Connects your computer directly to the SJSU network allowing you full access to servers and applications
- iOS VPN: Full network connection option for Apple iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices through Cisco AnyConnect available from the Apple App Store
- An active SJSUOne account
- A Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android or Apple device running iOS
- Windows, OSx and Linux clients must have an anti-virus program installed
SJSU students, faculty and staff can download the Sophos anti-virus software for free at SJSU Anti-Virus
The VPN@SJSU service provides a fully encrypted connection between the client device (laptop, smartphone, PDA, tablet, etc.) and the SJSU network, providing access identical to systems connected with a cable in a SJSU facility.
AnyConnect Client Downloads
- Android AnyConnect Client Download
- Apple IOS AnyConnect Client Download
- Linux AnyConnect Client Download
- Mac OS X AnyConnect Client Download
- Windows AnyConnect Client Download
Connect to VPN@SJSU
- Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Client
- Enter the server name of vpn.sjsu.edu, and then click 'Connect'
- Use your SJSUOne ID and password to connect