Network Cable Service & Repair (Voice & Data Cabling)
Note: To view documents in Adobe PDF format, download PDF viewer.
Service and/or Repair Requests
IT Services is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all SJSU voice and data cable. To request service and/or repairs, please complete our Telephone and Network (Internet) Service Request Form.
The type of information that should be included with your cabling request is predicated upon the complexity of the job:
- If the scope of work is adding one telephone line to a location, the work request could simply state that requirement.
- If the project includes new construction, remodeling of existing spaces or demolition work, a written scope of work and a floor plan or blue prints will be required.
The information required to create your cabling request(s) would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Requestor’s name and contact information
- Primary contact name and contact information, if applicable
- Best time(s) for a callback to schedule a walk-through inspection
- Brief description of the location and scope of work
Upon receipt of the initial request, a walk-through inspection will be scheduled by an IT Services cabling technician.
Quotation and Work Schedule
Once our cabling technician has completed the walk-rough inspection and examined all relevant documentation, a quote will be created and sent to the requestor for approval. When we receive the signed quote with a charge code from the requestor, the materials will be ordered and the work scheduled.
SJSU is a Commscope Systimax Structured Cabling Systems site. All our IT Services cable technicians have completed Commscope installation training, authorizing them to perform fiber optic cable installation and testing, and UTP copper cable installation and testing.
When installed and managed by an SJSU Systimax certified technician, Commscope covers the cable under a 20-year warranty. In addition to the Commscope standards, our IT Services cable technicians are also familiar with the SJSU Campus Cabling Standards.