Student Email FAQ
How do I access my email the first time?
- First-time users, begin by activating your account at SJSUOne Set/Reset Password
- Then, to access your email account, go to SJSU Email (SSO Login)
- To sign in, use your SJSUOne ID and password—the same ID and password you use to access MySJSU and the campus wireless network
How do I get my SJSU email address?
After you login, you will see your email address (in upper right corner of screen) and it will use the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who gets an SJSU email address?
All active students. 'Active' students are enrolled in courses that are currently in session and these students have paid all of their fees.
When are new SJSU email accounts created?
New campus email accounts are created daily. Student email accounts are created based on records we receive from Enrollment Services. Most newly accepted session students can expect their accounts to be created about 6 weeks before the beginning of their first semester.
How long can I keep my SJSU email address?
While you are taking classes at SJSU, your account will be maintained. At the end of your last enrolled semester, a 1-year grace period starts, allowing you to transition off of SJSU’s system. If you re-enroll within that grace period, your 'active' status will be reestablished. At the end of SJSU’s 1-year grace period, you will receive warnings and your account will be deleted.
Where to I get help?
Contact us at 408-924-1530 or email@example.com.
What if I forget my password?
Campus email uses the SJSUOne password. Passwords will not be provided over the phone. If you have difficulty with your password, you can get a new password, either online or by email, as follows:
- Online password reset: Visit SJSUOne Password Reset and answer your challenge questions
- Manual password reset: Complete and submit an SJSUOne Account Help Form
Are there advertisements?
SJSU’s email is completely ad-free. You may still receive unsolicited advertising mail (spam) in your inbox. Gmail has excellent anti-spam tools, and using them will help ensure you don’t get much spam.