Web & Video Conferencing - WebEx
Information Technology (Information Technology) provides web and video conferencing (WebEx) service which allows users to host online meetings with rich content and invite whomever they wish to participate. Faculty and Staff also have the the option to host online training classes and broadcast events.
Who can use the service?
Students, Faculty and Staff.
What is included?
- Meet and interact with anyone, anywhere, anytime
- Collaborate real time by sharing applications, presentations, documents and your PC desktop
- Bring together people without travel time and expense
- Work with teams from different places all over the world – all that is needed is Internet access
- View meeting participants in high-quality video
- Record meetings for future reference and training
- Download the mobile WebEx app and you can start or join a meeting anywhere through your mobile phone!
How do I get this service?
Students may access the service and schedule meetings by visiting http://spartans.webex.com/
Employees may access the service and schedule meetings, training sessions and events by visiting http://sjsu.webex.com/
Android and iOS apps will need your “WebEx site” to log in. The student site is spartans.webex.com. The employee site is sjsu.webex.com
What operating systems are compatible with this service?
- Apple IOS devices
- Android devices
What browsers are compatible with this service?
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
How long does it take to get the service?
WebEx accounts for students are automatically created for students at first login, assuming student records show them as currently active.
WebEx accounts for employees are currently not automatically created. In the meantime, an employee can request an account through the Information Technology Help Desk. Requests are usually fulfilled within 1 business day.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the Information Technology Help Desk.
WebEx is an Information Technology Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to the Campus Community.