Web & Video Conferencing - TelePrescence
Information Technology (Information Technology) provides TelePresence which allows
people to feel as if they are present at a remote meeting with people from another
location. This technology works over the Web and allows instructors to bring external
professors, industry experts, and other participants to their classroom electronically.
Who can use the service?
Students, Faculty and Staff.
What is included?
- Meet and interact with anyone, anywhere, anytime
- Collaborate real time by sharing applications, presentations, documents and your PC desktop
- Bring together people without travel time and expense
- Work with teams from different places all over the world – all that is needed is Internet access
- View meeting participants in high-quality video
- Record meetings for future reference and training
- Download the mobile WebEx app and you can start or join a meeting anywhere through your mobile phone!
How do I get this service?
Web & Video Conferencing - TelePresence is available via self service by using the SmartScheduler.
What operating systems are compatible with this service?
- Apple IOS devices
- Android devices
What browsers are compatible with this service?
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
How long does it take to get the service?
This is a self-service resource available via the SmartScheduler.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the Information Technology Help Desk.
TelePresence is an Information Technology Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to the Campus Community.