Information Technology Services (ITS) provides lecture capture functionality in all the Next Generation Classrooms and lecture capture capability with WebEx outside of the Next Generation Classrooms. The lecture capture technology allows instructors to record class events and activities that instructors can make available to students beyond the classroom hours. This provides a great alternative when students miss class or when they want to review class sessions prior to tests and examinations. This is also a great way to develop online content to augment classroom instruction. This service can also be used by campus staff for recording training. The lecture capture technology is an effective method for creating hours of digital online content.
Who can use the service?
Faculty and Staff.
What is included?
- Enhanced communication with students in the classroom
- Provides faculty the ability to record their lectures and share it with students through a secure environment
- Allows faculty to “flip” the classroom by providing the course materials online to the students prior to coming to class
- Allows faculty and staff to leverage the existing audio-visual and information technology infrastructure to create digital content for students and other users
- Students can make up for missed classes by watching recorded lectures online, from any device, anywhere, at any time
- Students gain better retention of the class materials when they have the ability to go over the captured lectures multiple times
How do I get this service?
Faculty and staff may request for the service by submitting a request to the IT Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Request for Lecture Capture Service”.
How long does it take to get the service?
The delivery of the service depends on the availability of the Next Generation Classroom. Users are advised to put in the requests for the service at least 2 weeks before the intended date of the lecture capture.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the IT Services Help Desk.
Lecture capture is an IT Services Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to the Campus Community.