Next Generation Learning Spaces
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides Next Generation Learning Spaces through the innovative use of technology in classrooms across campus. The Next Generation
Learning Spaces enables “unbounded learning” to enhance student success through continuous
learning innovations. IT Services does this by providing agility through an advanced
Who can use the service?
Students, Faculty and Staff.
What is included?
- Fully integrated learning spaces with capabilities for lecture capture, telepresence and annotated displays.
- High definition cameras that can showcase either the instructor or the students
- An iPad is used to control the room centrally
- Built-in classroom computer is provided to project classroom materials
- Document camera is provided to project high quality digital capture to the class with the ability to zoom in and out
- Smart interactive whiteboard provides multiple functions ranging from a basic screen projection to electronically writing, drawing, and annotating on the board
- Smart podium is provided to act as a monitor / display for the built-in computer while allowing users to electronically write and draw on the screen
Available Next Generation Learning Spaces
|Learning Space||Room Type||Room Capacity||Room Configuration||Room Technology & User Guides|
|Morris Dailey 101||Auditorium||781||Fixed seating||User Guide, crestron, document camera, etc.|
|Yoshihiro Uchida Hall B124||Auditorium||211||Fixed seating||User Guide, iPad, document camera, etc.|
|Sweeney Hall 435||Classroom||60||Movable furniture||User guide, iPad, document camera, etc.|
|MacQuarrie Hall 526||Classroom||36||Movable furniture||User guide, iPad, laptop, etc.|
|Dwight Bentel Hall 225||Classroom||30||Movable furniture||User guide, ipad, laptop, etc.|
|Clark Hall 238||Classroom||30||Movable furniture||User guide, iPad, document camera, etc.|
|Clark Hall 118||Classroom||24||Movable furniture||User guide, iPad, document camera, etc.|
How do I get this service?
Faculty and staff may request for the service by submitting a request to the IT Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: “Request to use Next Generation Learning Space”.
How long does it take to get the service?
The delivery of the service depends on the availability of the Next Generation Classroom. Users are advised to put in the requests for the service at least 2 weeks before the intended date of use.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the IT Services Help Desk.
Support for Next Generation Learning Spaces is an IT Services Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to the Campus Community. There may be additional costs to acquire equipment for Learning Spaces.