Information Technology (Information Technology) provides cloud computing resources (hardware and software) which is available in a remote location and accessible over a network.
Who can use the service?
Faculty and Department IT Technicians.
What is included?
- Virtual Server
- Both virtual machines and co-location centers in our private cloud
- Network security, high availability, ease of use, and are rated for critical Level 1 data.
- You can get rid of your old server that's taking up room in your office or storage closet.
- You no longer have to worry about hardware maintenance on your aging hardware.
- Backup and recovery.
How do I get this service?
Please submit an iSupport change request.
What operating systems are compatible with this service?
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012
- Redhat Linux
How long does it take to get the service?
Requests will be processed within 5-10 business days.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the Information Technology Help Desk.
Virtual Servers is an Information Technology Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to administrative units on campus. There are additional costs associated for teaching and learning virtual servers. $3,000.00 per server per year.