Information Technology (Information Technology) provides server Co-Location Services in the SJSU Computer Center.
Who can use the service?
Faculty and Department IT Technicians.
What is included?
- Physical Security – CSU Certified Level 1 Data Center - Alarm Systems, Physical Access Control, Security Cameras, S2 Card Access
- Monitoring – Server Up/Down Time, CPU, Memory, Storage
- Power – Redundant UPS circuits with Backup Generator and redundant circuits to PGE and Campus Power Plant.
- Rack/Unrack Service
- Hard Drive Replacement Service for RAID Configurations
- Network Connectivity & Security
How do I get this service?
Please submit an iSupport change request to the Information Technology - Computing Services group.
What systems are compatible with this service?
The Computer Center can accept any 4-post Threaded Round Hole server rail. Square Hole, Cantilever, Desktop/Shelf mounted systems are supported as well based on physical availability.
How long does it take to get the service?
Requests will be processed within 5-10 business days.
How do I get support?
Support for this service is provided Monday through Friday, during operating hours through the Information Technology Help Desk.
Server Co-Location is an Information Technology Baseline service and is offered at no additional cost to administrative units on campus.
Teaching & Learning servers can be col-located in the data center for $100 per physical server per month (Up to 7).