Tips on How to Get Better Wi-Fi Service
Having a tough time connecting?
Keep these tips in mind:
- You'll need to be indoors. We're working on outdoor wi-fi, but for now, we're limited to indoors. We expect to have some outdoor wireless service in common areas for Fall 2014.
- Connect to SJSU_Premier, not SJSU_Campus.
- Visually look for a wireless access point on walls, building columns or ceiling (pictured above).
- Stay within line-of-sight of the wireless access point.
- Do not try to switch between SJSU_Campus and SJSU_Premier networks.
- Everyone's bringing tons of devices to campus! This is causing traffic jams in crowded
places. Look for less crowded buildings. Each of these access points can service about
50 clients. Keep in mind that most people carry 2 devices, so if there are many people
working close to the access point, look for a different spot.
- Ensure you have a strong connection. If you don’t have 4 bars,
move to a different location.
- Interference can affect your ability to connect in some spots, especially King Library. Try an Ethernet connection.