Student Orgs Site Guide
Table of Contents
- Getting Help
- Logging In
- Logging Out
- Getting Around
- 2 Steps To Update Your Website
OU Campus is a web content management system that allows you to create and modify web content and manage a website. Normally, editing happens within OU Campus on special templated files, which are then pushed to your live website. But since you have one of the legacy sites at sjsu.edu/studentorgs and have been directly maintaining your own web content with an editor of your choice, you’ll be using OU Campus like an FTP client instead.
Updating your website at sjsu.edu/studentorgs/[your site] using OU Campus takes only two simple steps:
- Upload your HTML pages, documents, and images into OU Campus
- Select the files you want to go live and press the Publish button.
This guide will illustrate those steps with text and image descriptions as well as highlight where to get additional assistance if you need help with anything.
Tech support is available from Information Technology. Check the Information Technology homepage calendar for dates and times for drop-in Open Lab hours. Email support is available by contacting email@example.com.
- Enter http://www.sjsu.edu/studentorgs-login in the URL box of any browser.
- Select San Jose State University from the dropdown box of the page that appears (pictured below).
- Click the Next button. Additionally, by choosing one of the options below the dropdown box you can skip this screen in the future (by storing a cookie in your browser that will remember your selection).
- The campus SJSUOne Single Sign-On page will appear. Enter your SJSU ID and password to log into OU Campus.
To log out from OU Campus, click your name in the upper right corner and select Logout. Alternatively, you can close your browser window.
OU Campus is a web content management system that allows you to create and modify web content. Since you’ll only be using it to upload and publish files that you’ve created offline, this guide will cover only the elements of the software that you need to learn in order to get your files onto your website.
The Dashboard is your landing page when you log into OU Campus. It provides a configurable overview of the activity happening inside of OU Campus.
To view your own content:
- Hover over the Content menu item in the blue navigation menu at the top of the page and select Pages from the dropdown menu to view your site in the Pages view.
- Click on the folder with your name. You will now have an alphabetized list of all of your .htm/.html files and sub-folders of your website.
TIP: If you bookmark this page in your browser, you can return directly to your home folder after logging in without having to stop at the Dashboard first!
To navigate to any sub-folders, click on the name of the sub-folder.
To go back to a previous folder, you can either click on your browser’s Back button or click on the name of the previous folder in the Breadcrumb.
HTML and plain text files (identified by their .html or .txt file extensions) are the only files that you will see in your site in OU Campus. Everything else: PDFs, Office files like Word documents or Excel spreadsheets, pictures, audio files, videos, automatically get uploaded to your live website as soon as you upload them.
In order to see all of those files, you need to click on the Production tab.
Once you are comfortable getting around inside of OU Campus, you can update your website content by following the below three steps:
Before uploading anything you want to be sure that you are in the Pages view and are uploading your files in the right location.
There are two ways you can upload your files into OU Campus. You can either drag-and-drop them from your computer onto the browser window or you can click the Upload button in the upper right area of the screen.
Drag and Drop:
- Access Group: This setting can be left to the default “Inherit Existing”
- Upload Type: For most files, this setting can be left at “Standard”. If you are uploading images, “Upload and Edit Image” will open the OU Campus Image Editor and allow you to do some basic cropping and resizing of images. “Zip Import” allows you to upload a zip file and unpack all of its contents right into your website.
- Overwrite Existing: If a file with the same name as the one you are uploading already exists in the folder you are uploading to you have to check this box in order to upload your new version.
After opening the Upload window, you can click on the Add Files button to add them to the upload queue. Alternatively you can drag-and-drop the files onto the Upload window itself.
Caution!: File Name Restrictions
OU Campus does not allow special characters or spaces in the names of folders or files. Commas, parentheses, and brackets are the most common problem characters. Hyphens and underscores are allowed, however.
To rename a file:
- Click on the name of any of the files in the queue
- Type a new name
- Click the blue OK button.
Once your updated files have been uploaded into OU Campus, you need to publish them to your live website at sjsu.edu/faculty. To publish multiple files at once, you will need to be in the Pages view (available under the Content menu).
Check the boxes to the left of the files or folders you want to publish and then choose Publish from the action menu above the files and folders.
After the publish is complete, it takes up to ten minutes for changes and new files
to appear on your live site at www.sjsu.edu/studentorgs. You can verify the updated
pages by going to stage.sjsu.edu/studentorgs/your-website (if you replace the "www" in the URL of the website with "stage", you can view your
website on the staging server before it is gets processed).