Image galleries are groups of images that can be shown in a 'lightbox.'
To create a gallery, follow these steps:
- Create a new Image Gallery asset
- Go to Content -> Assets
- Click the +new button at the top right of the page
- Choose Image Gallery
- Give your asset a name and description
- Add meaningful tags to help you find the asset later (optional)
- Enter the details for the asset (see below for details)
- Save the asset
- Publish the asset
- Click the New button under Images
Note: You must have Java enabled in order to upload images.
It can take up to a minute for the upload applet to appear.
- Browse to the image on your hard drive that you want to upload
- Give the image a Description and a Caption
- The Caption is a minimum accessibility requirement and is the 'alt text' for the image. The Description is the paragraph of text that appears at the bottom of the photo in the lightbox.
- The Title attribute is entirely optional and can be disregarded.
- Repeat for all images in the gallery
- Save and publish the asset
- Add the asset to the page where you want the images to appear
Note: Due to the way image addresses are stored, if you create a gallery while your page is at dev.sjsu.edu, you will need to re-create the gallery after the site is moved to www.sjsu.edu
Sample Image Gallery
Note: To view documents in Adobe PDF format, download PDF viewer.