Getting Started with Esna iLink
ESNA’s iLink for WebEx is an extension for Google’s Chrome web browser that lets you schedule WebEx meetings from within your SJSU Google Apps calendar. If you’re not using Chrome, this won’t be available to you. If you’ve got Chrome installed and running on your machine, let’s get started.
- Use your Chrome browser to sign in to SJSU Email.
- There’s a 3-bar icon in the upper-right corner of Chrome, that Google calls the Hamburger
Menu. Pull down the Hamburger Menu.
- Just above the Exit menu item, you’ll find the More tools menu item. Click More tools to pull out the sidebar menu.
- Select Extensions from the sidebar menu. This will show you all the Chrome extensions you have loaded.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your extension list, and you will find a Get more extensions link.
- Click the Get more extensions link.
It will take you to the Chrome web store.
- Type Esna in the Search for Extensions box at the upper left of the store, and then press Enter on your keyboard to search.
The search will return 3 Esna extensions. The one you want is Esna iLink for WebEx.
- Click the + Free button to the left of the Esna iLink for WebEx row.
- A pop-up window will open. Click the Add button in the pop-up window to confirm you want to add Esna iLink for WebEx.
- Adding the extension will start the log-in process. Select log in:
- If you use Google Plus, click the Google Plus Services button.
- If you don’t use Google Plus, click the Google Services button.
- If you’re using multiple sign-in support, you will be asked what account you wish
to log in as. Select your SJSU account.
- Esna iLink for WebEx will ask your permission to access your Google Account. Click
the Accept button to grant access.
- Esna will present you with an end-user license agreement. SJSU has a contract with
Esna for this service, so you can safely click the Accept button to accept the agreement.
- After you’ve accepted the license agreement, you’ll be presented with 3 blanks to
fill in so Esna knows how to connect to SJSU’s WebEx. Complete requested information:
- Account/Site URL: Enter sjsu.webex.com
- User: Enter your email address
- Password: Leave this field blank
- Click the Save button.
- You should be taken to our SJSUOne Shibboleth Login Page. Enter your SJSU ID and password. This will connect Esna iLink to your WebEx account.
You should see a Success page after logging in.
- Exit and re-start Chrome to ensure everything is working properly.
- If you see a little ‘!’ (exclamation point) icon on the Esna extension icon, you may need to log in again, either to iLink for WebEx or SJSUOne Shibboleth.
- Click the ‘!’ (exclamation point) icon and it will complete the login process with you.